Step 1: You must us a send a letter requesting a name change. The letter must include a copy of your:

  • Marriage license, divorce decree, or other valid court documentation
  • Current driver’s license or social security card that shows the name change

If you wish to include or remove your spouse’s name from the account, please submit the appropriate legal documentation, such as a deed or court ruling recorded in the county where the properties are located.

Step 2: Submit a new IRS form W-9

Step 3: Upload the documents or mail to:

Merit Energy Company
Attn: Royalty Relations
13727 Noel Road, Suite 1200, Tower 2
Dallas, TX 75240