To transfer your interest to another party:

Step 1: Collect the necessary documents:

  • A copy of the recorded assignment or deed which conveys your ownership to another party. This conveyance document must be recorded in the county realty records where the properties are located.
  • An IRS form W-9 from the new owner(s)

Step 2: Upload the documents or mail to:

Merit Energy Company
Attn: Royalty Relations
13727 Noel Road, Suite 1200, Tower 2
Dallas, TX 75240

If you have any questions or concerns, call the Royalty Relations Hotline at 972-628-1590 and one of our land administrators will contact you within 2 business days.